Fast weight loss may be more desirable than slow weight loss says most of new studies.Its a myth that losing weight slowly results in either more weight loss at the end of even more permanent weight loss. Most people who drag the weight loss over months and months simply never finish their plan. They get bored and frustrated. In a 2014 study from Australia: about “fast vs. slow weight loss “among the volunteers who made it to the end of the weight-loss portion of the study, 81% of those on the rapid plan lost at least 12.5% of their body weight. For volunteers on the gradual diet, only 62% achieved the same goal.
How to Lose Weight Quickly: Dietary Changes and Phentermine- Appetite Suppressors:
There are many techniques for fast weight loss. The newer ones emphasize diets high in protein and low in sugar and rapidly absorb able carbs such as sugar, potatoes, rice and pasta. The 800 calorie HCG Diet is an example of a very fast method to lose weight. Here are some other dietary strategies for fast weight loss:
Here are some more tips to lose weight even faster:
- Eat a high-protein breakfast. Eating a high-protein breakfast has been shown to reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day (19, 20, 21).
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice. These are the most fattening things you can put into your body. They rapidly turn to fat and more important make you more hungry. (22, 23).
- Drink water a half hour before meals. One study showed that drinking water a half hour before meals increased weight loss by 44% over 3 months because of fullness factors. (24).
- Choose weight loss-friendly foods (see list). Certain foods are very useful for losing fat including high protein, low fat foods such as eggs, tuna, salmon, leafy vegetables, low glycemic index fruits.
- Eat soluble fiber. Studies show that soluble fibers may reduce fat, especially in the belly area. Fiber supplements like glucomannan can also help (25, 26, 27).
- Drink coffee or tea. If you’re a coffee or a tea drinker, then drink as much as you want as the caffeine in them can boost your metabolism by 3-11% (28, 29, 30).healthy whole foods. They are healthier, more filling and much less likely to cause overeating.
- Eat your food slowly. Fast eaters gain more weight over time. Eating slowly makes you feel more full and boosts weight-reducing hormones (31, 32, 33).
- Use smaller plates. Studies show that people automatically eat less when they use smaller plates. (34).
- Get a good night’s sleep, every night. Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for weight gain, so taking care of your sleep is important (35, 36).
Fast weight loss can be healthy and much easier to achieve with prescription weight loss medications. Medications can decrease appetite and cravings as well as increase metabolism. For many people who have more than 50 lbs to lose, weight loss is very difficult without some help controlling appetite and cravings. If hunger is not controlled, most dieters will be forced to abandon their weight loss program.
The figure below shows weight loss with Topiramate. Note the progressive increased rate of weight loss as the dose is increased. There was 3 times the weight loss with the highest dose.This is typical of most appetite suppressors like phentermine.
All weight loss medications are FDA approved and have been tested on thousands of patients over more than 10 years. Some have been on the market since the 1970’s. The best use of the medicines is to match the “right” medication with the “right” individual. Read more about appetite suppressors and medications that increase metabolism and cravings.